Roy Edward Thornton & Darlene Young Thornton Scholarship
- Applicants must be a graduating senior from a Mid-Del Public School; in the event of a tie preference will be given to students graduating from Midwest City High School. Two males and two females will be selected each year.
- Applicants must have an unweighted GPA greater than or equal to 2.5; exceptions may occur for qualified candidates who have a GPA below 2.5 and can demonstrate future academic and career goals.
- Applicants must show plans to attend a college or university as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours).
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to community service.
Funds may be used for tuition, fees and book expenses; payments are made directly to the school..
The Roy Edward & Darlene Young Thornton Scholarship Fund was established in 2014 to encourage high school graduates to from a Mid-Del Public School to pursue a degree at an accredited college or university offering a two-year or four-year degree. This is an endowed scholarship fund of the Oklahoma City Community Foundation.
- Supplemental Questions
- Describe one leadership or community service activity or experience outside of the classroom that you value. Explain how this activity/experience motivates you to desire a college education. (Please limit to 500 words.)
- Did you submit your resume when you completed the General Application? (NOTE: If you answered "no", please know that a resume is required for this scholarship, and to be eligible for this scholarship you need to return to the General Application/Student Profile section and attach your resume.)