April Bowman & Samantha Bowman Fiscus Scholarship for Northwest Classen High School
- Applicants must be a graduating high school senior from Northwest Classen High School.
- Financial need will be considered.
- Preference will be given to students who have experienced a hardship and can explain a lesson learned or how they’ve overcome an obstacle in their lives. Examples of a hardship include but are not limited to: personal tragedy, family issues, lack of support, caretaking responsibility for a family member, working to support the family, raised outside the family home, death in the family, recovering from bad decisions, etc.
- Awards may be given to full-time and part-time students. Part-time recipients will receive a monetary award that is half of a full-time recipient (per academic year).
- Awards may be used for college or career readiness, vocational training certificate, or an educational degree.
The April Bowman & Samantha Fiscus Bowman Scholarship for Northwest Classen High School is a one-time award.
Funds must be used for college readiness, tuition, fees and books. Payments are made directly to the school or vendor.
The April Bowman & Samantha Fiscus Bowman Scholarship for Northwest Classen High School fund was established by Sam Bowman in 2018 as a way of giving back to a school that contributed to the education of his daughters, Samantha and April. This scholarship fund encourages students from Northwest Classen High School to pursue future educational and career goals via a degree or certification program. This is an endowed fund of the Oklahoma City Community Foundation.