Duane and Villa Rae Carter Scholarship
- Must be a graduating senior of Chickasha High School.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
Funds may be used for tuition, fees and book expenses at any accredited institution of higher education for degree or certification programs. Payments are made directly to the school.
The Duane and Villa Rae Carter Scholarship was established as an endowed fund at the Oklahoma City Community Foundation in 2014 for the furtherance of the higher education of students who are deserving of financial assistance and who show promise of being able to benefit from higher education.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please write about ONE of the following topics. Please limit to 500 words: (a) Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what lessons did you learn? (b) What gives us more pleasure and satisfaction: the pursuit of our desires or the attainment of them? (c) What is your view of the idea that technology has many great benefits as well as very dangerous consequences? Support your position by discussing examples from literature, the arts, science, technology, current events or your own experiences or observations. (d) Describe a character from a book that you would trade places with, and explain why.
- Did you submit a resume when you completed the General Application? (NOTE: If you answered "no", please know that a resume is required for this scholarship, and to be eligible for this scholarship you need to return to the General Application/Student Profile section and attach your resume.)
- Did you submit your household's FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) for the coming year when you completed the General Application? (NOTE: If you answered "no", please know that financial need may be considered for this scholarship, and to be eligible for this scholarship you need to return to the General Application/Student Profile and attach a FAFSA - or a 1040 if you cannot complete the FAFSA.)