Oklahoma Youth with Promise Scholarship
- Must be a graduate of an Oklahoma high school or have obtained a GED.
- Limited to age of 25 or under at the time of application.
- Must have been in the Oklahoma DHS custody foster care system, or have aged out, at the time of graduation from high school or at the time of obtaining a GED.
The award amount varies and has a reapplication process. Students must have a collegiate GPA ≥ 2.0 to be eligible for renewal.
The Oklahoma Youth with Promise Scholarship Fund was established in 1996 to provide scholarships to students who graduated from high school while in DHS custody.
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you graduated from an Oklahoma high school or obtained a GED?
- Name of most recently attended school:
- Cumulative GPA from most recently attended school (report your unweighted GPA only):
- College currently attending or college you plan to attend:
- Major or Area of Academic Interest:
- Were you in the Oklahoma DHS custody foster care system, or did you age out, at the time of graduation from high school?
- Were you a resident in a group home or licensed residential facility at the time of high school graduation?
- Submit the name and email address of a person (school counselor, teacher or community leader) who can submit a letter of reference on your behalf.
- Please provide the name and email address of a Child Welfare Social Worker or Licensed Residential Facility Worker who can submit a recommendation on your behalf.
- To be considered for an additional scholarship, please respond to the following prompt: In your own words, discuss your career goals (250 words or less).
- Show 5 more