Valerie Koelsch Memorial Scholarship
- Dependents of union members from Local Union #124.
- Traditional students must be a child of Local Union #124, and must be able to demonstrate one year of competence in post high school education.
- Non-traditional students must be a member, spouse or child of Local Union #124 and must be 20 years of age or older.
- Member – 1600 or greater hours of union labor in 12 months prior to application.
- Spouse – Currently eligible to be on a Local No. 124 member’s insurance.
- Child – A birth or legally adopted child who is a tax dependent and currently eligible to be on a Local No. 124 member’s insurance. (A dependent who is eligible at age 23 remains eligible to apply if they are continuously enrolled in college.)
This scholarship is an award in the amount of $2,200 (reapplication process).
Funds may be used for educational-related expenses such as tuition, fees and books at any academically accredited two-year, four-year or vocational technical nonprofit institution in the United States. Payments are made directly to the school.
The Valerie Koelsch Memorial Scholarship was established in 1995 in memory of a local union member’s daughter killed in the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building bombing. It is an endowed scholarship fund of the Oklahoma City Community Foundation administered on behalf of Sheet Metal Workers Local Union #124.