Learning with Love’s Scholarship
Mission Statement: Over the past 54 years, Tom and Judy Love have witnessed their family-owned company, Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores, Inc., grow from one remote filling station in western Oklahoma to more than 450 locations in 41 states. The company is a major presence along our nation’s interstates and in small communities and employs more than 20,000 hardworking people across the country. The Love family created a successful enterprise through hard work and determination, and they approach charitable giving with the same set of beliefs. Established in 1999, the Love Family Fund is an outlet for the family to work together to provide gifts to the causes they care about.
Education is one cause of great importance to the Love family. The Learning with Love’s Scholarship honors the entrepreneurial spirit and unending quest for learning exemplified by Tom and Judy Love. As a program of the Love Family Affiliated Fund of the Oklahoma City Community Foundation, the Learning with Love’s Scholarship awards annual scholarships to employees of Love-family-owned entities and their dependents.
- Eligible applicants are employees of Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores, Inc., or affiliated operating entities, or employee’s dependent children (qualifying age of 16-24 years). Must be employed for 90 days or more prior to application deadline.
- Recipient’s program of study must lead to a degree or to professional certification.
- Employee scholarships will be awarded for full-time or part-time study; scholarships for employee’s dependents will require full time study.
- Awards may be used for undergraduate and/or graduate studies.
- Applicants must demonstrate an unweighted GPA greater than or equal to 2.5 from your most recent school attended.
- Applicant must document financial need for the cost of tuition, fees, and books.
- The Learning with Love’s Scholarship is a scholarship for one year. Past recipients may submit subsequent applications and may receive preference in consideration. Past recipients must have earned credit for all study that was previously supported with scholarship funds. No scholarship recipient will be approved for more than 4 awards.
- This scholarship is a one-time award. Student may reapply for the scholarship in subsequent years; awards will not be given to a recipient more than four times.
Funds may be used for educational-related expenses such as tuition, fees, and books at any academically accredited two-year, four-year or vocational technical nonprofit institution in the United States. Payments are made directly to the school. Scholarships for dependents may be applied to the cost of room and board if the dependent resides in college-owned housing.