- At least $2,000
- Supplemental Questions
- What discipline of engineering are you studying, and what is your specific major?
- While we ask that all college students supply an official transcript through mail, the administrators of this scholarship will accept official and unofficial transcripts. If you are applying for this scholarship only, please upload a transcript (either official or unofficial) below for the committee to review.
- Did you submit your household's FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) for the coming year when you completed the General Application? (NOTE: If you answered "no,” please know that financial need is strongly considered by the scholarship committee, so it is a benefit to you to submit your FAFSA or 1040 if you are unable to complete the FAFSA and/or answer the essay question on the College Student Application that asks about your unusual circumstances - talk about your family's financial situation in that essay.)
- Are you receiving any other scholarships? If so, please provide the name(s) and award amount(s) below.
- Did you receive the OKPELS “Professionally Engineering the Future” scholarship for the current school year?
- Supplemental Short Answer Questions
Licensed professional engineers, (P.E.'s), are licensed by state boards to practice engineering in such a way as to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public. As a licensed P.E., you must practice in a technically competent and ethical manner, complying with state laws and rules of professional conduct. Your first responsibility is always to the protection of the public. The first step towards licensure is taking the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam, ideally during your final year of your degree program. The FE exam is offered in the disciplines of Chemical, Civil, Electrical and Computer, Environmental, Industrial and Systems, Mechanical, and 'Other Disciplines'. The Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) exam is currently offered in 17 disciplines of engineering. It’s a great idea to prepare yourself to obtain a P.E. license to keep your future opportunities open and be as competitive as possible.
Please provide a written response to the following questions:
- 1. Why do you think it is important to pursue your P.E. License, OR if your discipline of engineering doesn't typically require a P.E. license, have you educated yourself regarding the pros and cons of pursuing your P.E. license?
- 2. (Optional) Financial need is strongly considered for this scholarship. Please submit any and all circumstances that may not be reflected on your FAFSA Student Aid Report or which were not already addressed in previous questions in the application.
- Show 1 more