April Bowman & Samantha Bowman Fiscus Scholarship for Northwest Classen High School
- Applicants must be a graduating high school senior from Northwest Classen High School.
- Financial need will be considered.
- Preference will be given to students who have experienced a hardship and can explain a lesson learned or how they’ve overcome an obstacle in their lives. Examples of a hardship include but are not limited to: personal tragedy, family issues, lack of support, caretaking responsibility for a family member, working to support the family, raised outside the family home, death in the family, recovering from bad decisions, etc.
- Awards may be given to full-time and part-time students. Part-time recipients will receive a monetary award that is half of a full-time recipient (per academic year).
- Awards may be used for college or career readiness, vocational training certificate, or an educational degree.
The April Bowman & Samantha Fiscus Bowman Scholarship for Northwest Classen High School is a one-time award.
Funds must be used for college readiness, tuition, fees and books. Payments are made directly to the school or vendor. No more than six credit hours may be completed online each semester.
The April Bowman & Samantha Fiscus Bowman Scholarship for Northwest Classen High School fund was established by Sam Bowman in 2018 as a way of giving back to a school that contributed to the education of his daughters, Samantha and April. This scholarship fund encourages students from Northwest Classen High School to pursue future educational and career goals via a degree or certification program. This is an endowed fund of the Oklahoma City Community Foundation.