Mittie Reece Nickles Scholarship Fund
- Must be residents of rural Oklahoma counties (excludes 15 metropolitan counties in the Oklahoma City, Tulsa and Lawton Metropolitan Statistical Area as defined by the U.S. Census. The following counties are excluded: Comanche, Canadian, Cleveland, Grady, Lincoln, Logan, McClain, Oklahoma, Creek, Okmulgee, Osage, Pawnee, Rogers, Tulsa, and Wagoner.).
- Preference to students who plan to return to and reside in rural Oklahoma after college graduation.
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Must major in accounting, engineering, agriculture, and technical fields.
- Must have demonstrated financial need according to the FAFSA.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
The Mittie Reece Nickles Scholarship is renewable for up to four years and can be used at any two-year, four-year, or vocational school. Students must maintain a GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 to be eligible for renewal. Funds may be used for tuition, fees and book expenses. Payments are made directly to the school. No more than six credit hours may be completed online each semester. Please note: this scholarship cannot support study abroad programs.
The Mittie Reece Nickles Scholarship was established in 2017 by Ms. Nickles, who passionately desired to encourage students from small, rural towns and communities, like her hometown of Tipton, Oklahoma, to continue their education by seeking post-secondary education, certificate, or degrees in accounting, engineering, agriculture, and technical fields.