Community Foundation Scholars
The Community Foundation Scholars applicants must be graduating seniors of a high school participating in the “Central Oklahoma High School Counselor Network.”: https://www.occf.org/counselor-network/
Selection is based on the applicant’s commitment to education and community (demonstrated extracurricular activities and community service). The Community Foundation Scholar award is a one-year award of $3,000 and can be used at any academically accredited public or independent/private, nonprofit educational institution in the United States, including vocational/technical centers. Funds may be used for tuition, fees and book expenses; payments are made directly to the school.
- Graduating senior of a high school that participates in the Central Oklahoma Guidance Counselor Network.
- Student has an unweighted GPA between 3.25 and 3.79.
- Student’s application and letter of reference must demonstrate and describe the applicant’s commitment to education and commitment to community (extra-curricular activities and community service).
- Submit a photo on the General Application.
In 1998, the Oklahoma City Community Foundation’s Trustee Scholarship Initiative was established to encourage more students in central Oklahoma to further their education after high school.
- Supplemental Questions
- Describe one leadership or community service activity or experience outside of the classroom that you value. Explain how this activity/experience motivates you to desire a college education. (Please limit to 500 words).
- A yearbook headshot style picture is required for this scholarship opportunity. Did you upload a photo to the General Application? If not, please return to the general application and upload an appropriate headshot picture.