Wauhillau Austin Gale Memorial Scholarship
- Must be a graduating senior from Purcell High School in Purcell, Oklahoma.
- Unweighted GPA between 2.5 and 3.5 and ACT ≥ 20.
- Demonstrate a commitment to serve both in school and in the community.
Financial need is considered.
Funds may be used for tuition, fees and book expenses. Payments are made directly to the school. No more than six credit hours may be completed online each semester.
The Wauhillau Austin Gale Memorial Scholarship was established in 2005 by her family; the scholarship honors Mrs. Gale’s 25-year teaching career at Purcell and her encouragement of young people.
- Supplemental Questions
- Describe three activities that you value outside the classroom (past or current) and explain how each one contributed to your educational goals. (Please limit to 500 words.)
- Did you submit your household's FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) for the coming year when you completed the General Application? (NOTE: If you answered "no,” please know that financial need may be considered for this scholarship. To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to return to the General Application and attach a FAFSA or a 1040 if you cannot complete the FAFSA.) If you cannot complete the FAFSA, please indicate your financial circumstances on your General Application under the particular circumstances question.