Valerie Koelsch Memorial Scholarship
- Dependents of union members from Local Union #124.
- Traditional students must be a child of Local Union #124 and must be able to demonstrate one year of competence in post-high school education.
- Non-traditional students must be a member, spouse or child of Local Union #124 and at least 20 years or older.
- Member – 1600 or greater hours of union labor in 12 months prior to application.
- Spouse – Currently eligible to be on a Local No. 124 member’s insurance.
- Child – A birth or legally adopted child who is a tax dependent and currently eligible to be on a Local No. 124 member’s insurance. (A dependent who is eligible at age 23 remains eligible to apply if they are continuously enrolled in college.)
This scholarship is a $2,500 award (reapplication process).
Funds may be used for educational-related expenses such as tuition, fees and books at any academically accredited two-year, four-year or vocational technical nonprofit institution in the United States. Payments are made directly to the school.
The Valerie Koelsch Memorial Scholarship was established in 1995 in memory of a local union member’s daughter killed in the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building bombing. It is an endowed scholarship fund of the Oklahoma City Community Foundation administered on behalf of Sheet Metal Workers Local Union #124.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a dependent of a union member from Local Union #124?
- Union Local Name and Number
- Member Name
- Relationship to Union Member
- Describe the solutions you would propose to improve or resolve a current issue, such as health care, the economy, discrimination or a current topic of your choice.