Oklahoma State Board of Architecture Path to Licensure Scholarship
- Must be enrolled in a college/university in the state of Oklahoma.
- Must be accepted into a professional degree program in Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Interior Design by the award distribution (available to rising third, fourth and fifth-year students).
- Applicants must be seeking their first professional degree.
- Must have a collegiate GPA ≥ 2.5.
- Financial need is considered.
- Preference for students who have graduated from an Oklahoma high school.
This scholarship is a one-time award. Applicants may reapply. Funds may be used for tuition, fees and book expenses at any accredited institution of higher education for degree or programs in Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Interior Design in the state of Oklahoma. Payments are made directly to the school. Scholarship awards may be used for Study Abroad if the Study Abroad program/coursework has been approved within the student’s plan of study in their professional degree program. Students are not required to live on campus.
The Oklahoma State Board of Architecture Path to Licensure Scholarship was established to encourage and support students seeking a first professional degree in the field of Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Interior Design to pursue professional licensure in the state of Oklahoma, so long as it remains under the control of the Board of Governors of the Licensed Architects, Landscape Architects and Registered Interior Designers of Oklahoma. This scholarship is an endowed fund.
- minimum award amount $3,000
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide a written statement in response to the following questions: (a) Why do you think it is important for your profession to include licensure, and (b) what have you already done to pursue licensure in the state of Oklahoma (may include IDP, summer internships, preparation for NCIDQ, etc.)? (500 word maximum.)
- Did you submit your household's FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) for the coming year when you completed the General Application? (NOTE: If you answered "no,” please know that financial need may be considered for this scholarship. To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to return to the General Application and attach a FAFSA or a 1040 if you cannot complete the FAFSA.) If you cannot complete the FAFSA, please indicate your financial circumstances on your General Application under the particular circumstances question.
- If you did not ask one of your current faculty members to provide your letter of recommendation on the General Application, please provide the name and email address of a faculty member here who can provide a 2nd letter of recommendation on your behalf.