Dr. Dean Everett Outstanding English Student Award


  • Must be enrolled at the University of Central Oklahoma.
  • Must be an English Major – preference may be given to a student with individual service contributions to the English department, campus, and community.
  • Applicants must have a minimum GPA equal to or greater than 3.5 in their English courses and an overall GPA greater than or equal to 3.0.

Financial need is considered.

The Dr. Dean Everett Outstanding English Student Award is a one-time award. Funds must be used at the University of Central Oklahoma for the cost of tuition, fees, required books and supplies. Payments are made directly to the school. Payments are issued in the following academic year. No more than six credit hours may be completed online each semester.

The Dr. Dean Everett Outstanding English Student Award is made possible by Dr. Mark Allen Everett. The Everett Family Fund was established at the Oklahoma City Community Foundation by Dr. Everett, father of Howard Dean Everett. Dr. Mark A. Everett died in 2006.

Supplemental Questions
  1. Please upload a 12-15 page research paper that you have submitted in an academic course within the last two semesters.
  2. Please write a brief essay about your community service at UCO, and specifically in the English Department. You may choose to respond to one or more of the following prompts: Which community service activity has meant the most to you? Who have you helped and in what way? What types of skills have you used or developed through your community service? How has your community service experience made you think differently about others or yourself? How has your community service influenced your plans for college or work in the future? (Please limit to 500 words.)
  3. Did you submit your household's FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) for the coming year when you completed the General Application? (NOTE: If you answered "no,” please know that financial need may be considered for this scholarship. To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to return to the General Application and attach a FAFSA or a 1040 if you cannot complete the FAFSA.) If you cannot complete the FAFSA, please indicate your financial circumstances on your General Application under the particular circumstances question.