Alberta Brannon Memorial Scholarship
- Applicants must be current undergraduates pursuing studies in Hospitality, Tourism, Culinary or a closely related academic program with a concentrated course of study involving a Restaurant and Food/Beverage Service major (Baker Assistant; Banquet Caterer; Culinary Arts Assistant; Food Service Attendant; Food Service Workforce Transition, etc.)
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time and attend an accredited vocational-technical, two-year or four-year public college in Oklahoma.
- A legal resident of the State of Oklahoma.
- Unweighted cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0.
Financial need is considered.
This is a one-time award. Funds may be used for tuition, fees, and book expenses; payments are made directly to the school.
Established by her family in 2009, the Alberta Brannon Scholarship seeks to serve young people financially, cultivate leadership, promote philanthropy and provide opportunities for all. The Alberta Brannon Scholarship Fund recognizes that each child is an individual, that all children are creative in their unique way, that all children should have the opportunity to succeed. Therefore, the Alberta Brannon Scholarship Fund looks to serve the financial needs of prospective college students; we desire to provide a platform to build a strong foundation for future generations. This is an endowed scholarship fund of the Oklahoma City Community Foundation.
- Supplemental Questions
- Why did you select a major in the Restaurant and Food/Beverage service?
- Please explain what you have learned in the Restaurant and Food/Beverage service program.
- What would this scholarship mean to you as you pursue your planned educational endeavors.
- What career path do you intend to pursue (restaurant owner; caterer; Executive chef; etc.)?