Seay A. Sanders Jr. Scholarship
- Must be a graduating senior of a Mid-Del District high school and have previously attended Townsend Elementary School (Mid-Del School District).
- A GPA ≥ 3.0 and ACT ≥ 22.
Financial need is considered.
Funds may be used for educational-related expenses such as tuition, fees and books at any academically accredited two-year, four-year or vocational/technical nonprofit institution in the United States. Payments are made directly to the school. No more than six credit hours may be completed online each semester.
The Seay A. Sanders Jr. Scholarship was established in 2000 to honor the late Seay A. Sanders Jr., principal of Townsend Elementary School, for 37 years.
- Supplemental Questions
- Did you previously attend Townsend Elementary School?
- Describe your leadership and service experiences. How did the Townsend Elementary and the Mid-Del Schools influence your leadership? (Please limit to 500 words.)
- Did you submit your household's FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) for the coming year when you completed the General Application? (NOTE: If you answered "no,” please know that financial need may be considered for this scholarship. To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to return to the General Application and attach a FAFSA or a 1040 if you cannot complete the FAFSA.) If you cannot complete the FAFSA, please indicate your financial circumstances on your General Application under the particular circumstances question.