Elizabeth E. Carlson Scholarship
- Eligible applicants may be high school graduating seniors, current college students, or adults planning to pursue higher education. Adult learners may be changing careers or maybe current classroom teachers pursuing continuing education to advance their careers in education. All applicants must be graduating seniors from the Putnam City School District OR must be alumni from the Putnam City School District.
- The scholarship will give preference to applicants with well-rounded qualities. Applicants should be good citizens and demonstrate student leadership, community service drive, work experience, and preparation for their chosen careers.
- While the financial need may be taken into consideration, financial need is not a requirement to apply for this scholarship.
The award may be used for tuition, fees, and book expenses for full-time study at any academically accredited Oklahoma college. No more than six credit hours may be completed online each semester.
The Elizabeth E. Carlson Memorial Scholarship was established through a bequest from Miss Carlson, a retired teacher, to encourage students to follow the career she loved. This is an endowed scholarship fund of the Oklahoma City Community Foundation.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide an essay on the statement: "Education: My Pursuit of Diversity." (Please limit to 500 words.)
- Did you submit your household's FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) for the coming year when you completed the General Application? (NOTE: If you answered "no,” please know that financial need may be considered for this scholarship. To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to return to the General Application and attach a FAFSA or a 1040 if you cannot complete the FAFSA.) If you cannot complete the FAFSA, please indicate your financial circumstances on your General Application under the particular circumstances question.