Barbara J. Messenbaugh Strings Music Scholarship
- Applicants must pursue a Master of Music Education at the University of Oklahoma School of Music. A stringed instrument must be the applicant’s primary or secondary instrument; preference will be given to an applicant who has declared their primary focus as a stringed instrument.
- Financial need must be demonstrated.
- Preference is given to the following: (1) applicants who have been an Oklahoma resident for ten or more years and/or (2) applicants who have already taught string education in Oklahoma.
The Barbara J. Messenbaugh Strings Music Scholarship is a renewable award for up to two consecutive years; an unweighted GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 is required to be considered for renewal.
Funds must be used at The University of Oklahoma College of Music for the cost of tuition, fees and books. Payments are made directly to the school. Payments are issued in the following academic year.
The Barbara J. Messenbaugh Strings Music Scholarship fund was a planned gift in 2017. The Barbara J. Messenbaugh Strings Music Scholarship supports students pursuing a Master of Music Education in String Instruments degree at the University of Oklahoma. This is an endowed fund of the Oklahoma City Community Foundation.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you currently enrolled in a graduate program at the OU School of Music?
- If you answered "yes" above, are stringed instruments your primary or secondary focus?
- If yes, which stringed instrument do you play?
- How long have you been a resident of the state of Oklahoma?