Heffington Family Scholarship Fund
- Applicants must be admitted into a bachelor of nursing program; applicants may apply during their sophomore and/or junior year of school. Awards are distributed during a recipient’s junior and senior years of college.
- Eligible applicants may also be pursuing a Diploma Nursing Program leading toward licensure as a professional Registered Nurse.
- Unweighted GPA greater than or equal to 2.75.
- Preference will be given to applicants with financial need.
The Heffington Family Scholarship Fund is a one-time award. Funds may be used for educational-related expenses: tuition, fees and book expenses. Payments are made directly to the school. Recipients must attend a not-for-profit, accredited four-year school in Oklahoma with a nursing program.
The Heffington Family Scholarship Fund was created in 2022 by Craig Heffington to support Oklahoma nursing students.
- Supplemental Questions
- Why are you interested or what has inspired you to pursue a career in the nursing field? (Please limit to 500 words.)
- Did you submit your household's FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) for the coming year when you completed the General Application? (NOTE: If you answered "no,” please know that financial need may be considered for this scholarship. To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to return to the General Application and attach a FAFSA or a 1040 if you cannot complete the FAFSA.) If you cannot complete the FAFSA, please indicate your financial circumstances on your General Application under the particular circumstances question.